For this post, I thought I would do things just a little bit differently. I will share the text for the story, and then the discussion questions. I think this will give everyone a chance to really dive into the Word, study it, come up with their own observations and share them through comments. I hope that makes sense.
The story I want to share can be found in 3 of the 4 gospels. Let’s look at it in Luke 8: 22-25. On this day, Jesus told the disciples to get in the boat and to cross to the other side. As they did, Jesus took a nap (justification for my afternoon naps! Even Jesus napped!) A violent storm surrounded the boat…you can read the rest!
1. Jesus napped…do you think this was intentional on Jesus’ part?
2. What does this tell us about the authority of Jesus?
3. What do you think about the way the disciples reacted?
4. Talk about a time that you felt Jesus slept through your storm.
5. What lessons is God teaching us through this story?